Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Change - Part 3, Transition

Transition

After the fire had been extinguished and the crowd cleared, we went to a hotel. For ten days, we had to wait until our insurance company found a place for us to live while our house is being rebuilt. The room was a suite which was nice and big. In a matter of a day or two, much of that spacious room was filled with some things we were able to salvage from the house, as well as things that people were so gracious to give to us. We were truly overwhelmed by the generosity of people we know, and many that we have never even met.

After the first night, the reality of being "homeless" really hit me. I could not control my emotions at all. The feeling of being displaced had overtaken me. Bill and Christopher were holding up so well! Why was I falling apart? I have never experienced the sadness that had reared its ugly head. I could hardly speak to anyone without crying, including the hotel staff.

After just a few days, we got a call from our insurance company letting us know they had found an apartment for us. So, we drove over and looked at some different units in the complex, and then made our choice. We had to wait a few more days for furniture and household items to be delivered from the rental company. They supplied everything from furniture right down to a toilet brush.

Even though the apartment is just a few miles from our home, we feel like we are in a foreign land.  Things are the same outside of the apartment complex but inside these four walls, is just not home.


    Isaiah 43:19
    Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. 


Be blessed,
Dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment