Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Change, Christmas Eve

Well, today has been a difficult one for me. The tears started not long after I got out of bed. Some were from feeling overly blessed by all that has been given to us, and some were over the fact that the fire took away the comfort and familiarity of celebrating Christmas in my home.

My feelings of displacement today are probably based on the fact that I am not able to do the usual things I do on Christmas Eve like prepare the traditional foods for our meal for tomorrow. The recipe book that I had put together with family recipes was destroyed in the fire. I do remember some of them, but the thought of not having my binder any longer was a reminder of what I have lost.

Another difficult moment was while I was out doing some last minute shopping. As I watched people, I could not help but think about how their family traditions will carry on tomorrow and that mine wouldn't. While most seemed to be in a hurry to finalize their shopping, I was in no hurry at all. I had no need to rush back home and start on, well... anything.

Please don't get me wrong. I am extremely grateful for what I still have, my family, being the greatest, but the thoughts of what I have lost are winning today.


Despite it all, God is good!


Be blessed,
Dawn



5 comments:

  1. God only allows this kind of test on mature christians that He is using a lot and He is planing to use evan more in the future. (John 15:2 .......................every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be evan more fruitful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn your feelings are quite normal. The family you shared the new family tradition with are blessed to have helped you last evening! You are loved and we pray your normal will return soon! I vitr we all start a new recipe book for you that can never be destroyed....after all.... you know the internet is forever:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was vote:) not vitr...

      Delete
    2. Thank you Patty! Yes, the internet is forever. Google drive is becoming my best friend.

      Delete