Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Mission Possible

Are we more focused on the mission than on the mission field?


Matthew 28:16-20, Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What is our mission? Our mission is to reach out to a lost and dying world with the good news of the Gospel of Christ.

When you hear the words mission field what is the first thing that comes to mind? Most would agree that a desolate place in a foreign country would be the first thing. Well, what about your next door neighbor? Or perhaps, a family member or co-worker who doesn't know the Lord? Do you see them as mission fields? 

We know that people need Jesus and His forgiveness, we know that people need a touch from Him, and we know people need to surrender their lives to Him; but between what we know to do and what we do, there is a great chasm. In order to make a difference in the kingdom, we have to work in the fields. 

Here are words to a song that I remember from years ago and I have never forgotten them. How powerful they are! 


See the fields so dry and thirsty
They're dying from the lack of rain
And here I'm standing in the fountain
Watching them perish and who's to blame?

How can they hear without a preacher?
If they're not shown how can they see?
I'm gonna go out where they're hurting
and stop expecting them to come to me.

(chorus)
I'm gonna carry the water to the desert
Stop this hauling water to the sea.
I'm gonna seek out the dry and barren places
The sick ones need the doctor
I'm gonna stop this hauling water to the sea.

Ask God how you can become a better missionary in your everyday world. He wants to use you where you are to share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Be blessed,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment