Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Change - Part 6, Almost Home



It's official, we turned in our "move-out" notice and we are ecstatic! April 30th is the big day. All the necessary decisions have been made that need to be made. I'm pretty sure that our contractor is through with the questions. At least, I hope so.

As you know from my previous posts, it has been an overwhelming process for me. This life event has been, well, a learning curve. Here is what I have learned because of the fire:

  1) Don't hang on to stuff you don't need. That "one- day-I-might-need-it" day, almost never comes!

  2) Be prepared to share that little bit of information that we don't really want to announce like, what size clothes you wear, especially if that last 10 lbs. is still hanging on.

On a more serious note:

  1) Don't take anything you have, for granted. Even the small things become big when you realize you don't have them anymore.

  2) Don't waste time thinking about what you will grab should your house catch on fire while you are home. (ok, maybe a pair of shoes, if you're not wearing any.) In actuality, "things" never crossed my mind.

3) Don't push people away who want to help you. God gave each of us a need to feel needed. That was a hard one for me. I want to be the giver, not the receiver.

4) Don't question God as to why. He will show you in His time. One day, we will understand. Just trust that He is in control and will bring you through your battle when you lean on Him.

Even though things will look different than before, I still can't wait for the familiarity and comfort of Home Sweet Home!

God is good, all the time!


Be blessed,
Dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment