Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wait on the Lord


Ps 33: 20-21 Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name...

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings as eagles, run and not grow weary, walk and not faint.





WAIT,...W....A....I....T.... -  what I have heard referred to, as a Christian four-letter word. We almost cringe at the very thought of hearing it.

As Christians, we are quick to quote the verse in Isaiah to others who feel their prayers are not being answered. But, when it comes down to it, we have a hard time waiting for ourselves.

Why would a good God who loves me put me off? He knows my needs, right? 

If God answered our prayers as quickly as we prayed them, then He would be nothing more than an order-taker. That is not who He is; He is a supreme being who created us and knows what we need before we ask. 

As a parent, I have my son's best interest at heart. He does not like it when I give him answers that he doesn't want to hear. But, what he doesn't understand, is that his dad and I can see the bigger picture. God is that way too. Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When our wants do not line up with His will, those prayers WILL go unanswered. 

When God tells us to wait, we can interpret that as "not yet" instead of "not at all".

Pardon the acronym, but the one that I like to use for the word Wait is God Will Answer ITime. Isn't that good to know? 

Be blessed,
Dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment